A Snapshot of Arctic Botany: Webinar
Date(s) - 22/09/2020
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
This presentation will be a Webinar
How to view the presentation
To join the presentation, please click on this You Tube link to go to the OHS You Tube Channel. To simply watch the presentation there is nothing else you need to do. The presentation will also be recorded and available at this link afterwards. The easiest way to find the channel is using the link; if you are on You Tube and do a search please use Ottawa Horticultural Society (we aren’t the only ones that use OHS as an acronym!)
Starting the video
Once you are on the site, you must click on the rectangle of the video to start watching. Until 7:30 you will see a screen that says the presentation will begin at 7:30 p.m., so please be patient.
If you think you may want to ask a question
There will be a Q &A session at the end of the presentation when your questions submitted will be put to Paul by the moderator. There are two ways to ask your questions during the presentation.
- You can put your question in the live chat panel on the YouTube page while the presentation is running. To make a comment, you need to be registered and have a personal Youtube channel. Steps to do this are described below.
It was previously stated that you needed to subscribe to the channel — that is not the case.
- If you don’t wish to register, you can still watch the video and can email a question during the presentation to email@example.com
How to create a personal channel
Follow these instructions to create a channel that only you can manage using your Google Account.
- Sign in to YouTube from a Google account on a computer or using the mobile site.
- Try any action that requires a channel, such as uploading a video, posting a comment, or creating a playlist.
- If you don’t yet have a channel, you’ll see a prompt to create a channel.
- Check the details (with your Google Account name and photo) and confirm to create your new channel.
Give us feedback!
We have been trying to find a cost effective way to reach as many members as possible with our presentations. This is a trial run for all of us! Please send your feedback after the presentation on what you liked about the approach of using You Tube and what you didn’t like, and any suggestions for future broadcasts. Feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org